Have you heard about water beads? These things grow about 20 times their size and they are seriously addictive. Well, I got some, for the kids, and turned it into a learning experience. The word of the day was “absorb” watch our video below then read through our critical thinking questions.
- What does absorb mean?
- What do you think will happen to the dry water bead once we add water?
- *Remove bead from water at 4, 6, and 8 hours
- Which bead is biggest? Why?
- Which bead is smallest? Why?
- Put the beads in order from the least amount of water held to the most amount of water held.
- Name three things that absorb.
- Name three things that do not absorb.
This is an experiment we will visit again as the kids get older it would be a great way to teach permeation! Let us know how it goes!